When I was a kid, I used to get up in the morning during christmas break and sneak into the dining room (where all the holiday baking bounty was kept in the same colorful tins that are still passed around the family) and grab a couple of these and wolf them down before breakfast. They are so simple, light, buttery and are FANTASTIC with a big glass of ice cold milk!
CHOCOLATE SHOT COOKIES
(Recipe Source: Mom McQ)
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup uncooked oatmeal (I use Quick Oats)
- Chocolate sprinkles, for rolling
- With an electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar, beating until fluffy. Add vanilla.
- Stir together flour and baking soda; add to butter mixture. Stir in oatmeal and mix well.
- Chill dough for at least 30 minutes
- Shape dough into a log and roll in chocolate sprinkles.
- Slice cookies and place on an ungreased cookie sheet
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes (check after 15)