Thursday, July 19, 2007

One Hour, One Great Meal!

I am blessed to live about 5 minutes from my office (thank you, Iowa and your zero traffic!) so I come home at lunch, when I'm not working through it, of course. Today, I was in a pinch and didn't know what we were going to have for dinner. So I threw this together in the crockpot with what I had around the house. (This picture blows...sorry. And really this was tastier than it looks!)

PEPPERY PORK WITH FIRE ROASTED TOMATOES
(Recipe Source: That wild imagination of mine!)

1 boneless pork roast (your favorite cut)
1 can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
1 green bell pepper, cut into chunks (I had some fresh from a coworkers garden...YUM!!)
tomato sauce
tomato paste
chicken stock
minced garlic
salt
freshly ground black pepper
dried basil
dried oregeno

Combine liquids tomatoes and peppers in crock pot, add pork and turn to coat evenly. Spread garlic over the top, sprinkle with salt, pepper. Cook on low for 5 to 6 hours. Slice and spoon veggies over the top. Enjoy!

Very tasty...lots of good flavor. Not bad for a lunch hour!

No comments: