Sunday, June 17, 2007

Recipe for a Creative Country Cook

I'm jumping on the food blog bandwagon after browsing all the great blogs on The Nest What's Cooking bored! I have two great loves in this world: Food and Words. Sounds like a recipe for success to me!

I love to cook and bake but I'm certainly still an amature. I'll be chronicling my hits and misses here. The name of the game is Creative Country Cookin'. This is how its done:

Recipe for a Creative Country Cook

Ingredients:
  • 1 suburban-raised, shoe-loving, reality TV watching PR professional with a flair for the spicy, flavorful, and adventerous
  • 1 farm-raised, corn-fed, F-150 driving, Johnny Cash listening engineer with a taste for nothing but meat and potatoes
  • A pinch of Adventure
  • A sprinkling of Laughs
  • A handful of Mishaps
  • Two heaping palmfuls of Love

Directions:

  • Move all the above away from home to a small city in Northeastern Iowa
  • Combine in a modest ranch-style starter home
  • Stir and Enjoy!

1 comment:

Gillian said...

lol that's very cute :) I like the F-150 driving, Johnny Cash-listening bit ;) Sounds like my DH...!
Can't wait to see some recipes!!