Monday, June 25, 2007

Let's not forget how lucky we are...

I just wanted to post a link to a blog being featured on our local newspaper's website. A local reporter is abandoing packaged foods, dinners out and all the other luxuries we take for granted in favor of a food stamp budget for the entire month of June. He is writing about his experiences here: http://www.wcfcourier.com/blogs/foodstamps/

It just makes me stop and think...while I'm browsing the 7 dollar hunks of cheese, there are people really struggling to make ends meet. It makes me realize how lucky we are. To be able to have dinner out, to have cocktails with our friends and to buy fun, exotic ingredients and create outstanding meals at home...I don't ever have to "worry" about food. Imagine what it would be like if you did?

That is all.

No comments: